Thursday, October 4, 2012

One Year Later

I've been keeping a handwritten journal since we had our baby and therefore have not been updating our blog on our life. Today that changes!

 Marsden Trey Porter was born on February 24th at 2:48am weighing 7lbs 12oz and 20 3/4in long. He came out with a lot of unexpected orange hair, perfect skin, his dads shape of adorable blue eyes, and a perfect new body.


Becoming a mom was one of the two biggest changes in my life, the other one being marrying Drew. It also was the most greatly anticipated. I new I would love it, but I didn't know the feelings that came with it. It was literally magical! From the moment he was born I was changed forever. I had a newly found deep love for a human being that was part me and part Drew. I'll keep my labor story for my journal, but I will say that it went smoother than I could've hoped and I surprisingly loved all of it. This whole experience had an outcome of me meeting my baby boy so how could it not be the most amazing experience of my life?


One of the coolest parts for us of having a baby has been becoming our own little family. Watching Drew be a dad has been so much fun! He's such a natural. Marsden loves to play play play with him and they'll laugh so hard, I love the sound! Since he was born he loves it when Drew sings and plays his guitar for him. And I love it because it completely mesmerizes him (and me) ;)!  We are loving being a family of 3 and am so excited to watch Marsden learn and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment