Saturday, September 26, 2009

Craigslist Scam Session

Have you ever been scammed? Well we just did. So I was supposedly going to nanny for two kids, one being autistic, right? FALSE!!! Here is the story: The "father" who is a foreign guy sent me money orders in the mail to deposit a significantly large amount of money into my account, get cash and send it to a friend in Florida who will then be sending me toys like a play station 3, games, and clothes for his boys so I could keep them here until they moved here. As a benefit to us, I would be getting my first weeks pay and a little extra. So I went and got the cash out this morning and searched for a money gram station to send it. I was then delayed doing it for different reasons. THEN I started talking to Dennis (we love Dennis) about it and he said NO NO NO this is the exact path a scammer would take, then I called Kevin and he agreed. Turns out if I would've sent the money without the money orders being cleared (which takes at least 10 days or something like that) we would have been out the money and totally scammed!! Luckily, Dennis stopped me right before and everything is ok. Crazy huh! What a fag... Lesson Learned.
We're still WAY happy though because we went grocery shopping in Boston at an awesome local fresh fruit/veggie market! We also walked around town holding hands. What's up now!? :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that happened to skyler when he went to sell a textbook. I guess that "sending money" thing is somewhat common. "Just deal with people locally through craigslist (ie:don't send anything) and you'll be fine" clark says. Glad nothing bad happened geeze! I miss you kids! (...and jealous of your fresh market!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we also got scammed with a dog... Poeple who want you to send money using money gram and so on thats a scam and when they want more and start saying they need this and that ya its good to just stop before you lose alot more money. Watch out for scammers these day's there is alot with getting dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i think i am being scammed thru craigslist, is this where you found the AD? can you contact me to tell me a little bit more about your situation? I have a check sitting in front of me as we speak from someone "commonwealth edison company" is that similiar to you????? contact me!!!! email : violaweirzbicky@gmail.com
    thanks !!! Angela

    ReplyDelete